Thursday, December 16, 2010

Working in the Home

Everyday I meet someone who says to me, 'oh I WISH I could work from home!' Interesting...

Why? What is it that you desire most about working from home? To spend more time with your children, spouse, take care of chores, run errands? To be your own boss, work your own hours, take time off whenever you desire? Guess what, all those reasons are why I decided to stay at home and work for myself.

3 years ago I opened up my own home daycare, fully licensed, great clients but wow...talk about stressful! Ultimately I believe it was just too much. Taking care of other people's children is very hard work. Each family has their own rules and ideals taught at home which really didn't "mesh" at all with mine! LOL! This past summer my family and I decided the daycare was running our lives more than allowing us the flexibility I desired for us - mentioned above. My oldest son was distant and always arguing, finding excuses, anything, to start a head butting match. This is NOT my son, what happened to him? Spending more time with my business than my son...Then came along a baby! Well, at that point I had to stop working, had to. Yes, I had an assistant - but really what is the point in paying for an assistant if all your income and hard work goes to that individual just so I could have a 'break'. This was the breakup, and I choose the work breakup because I did develop such a protective bond for all the children in my care, it was very hard for me to shut the doors for good.

During this time, I realized that I still need to contribute financially to our family budget. How? Home based business ideas were hard for me to think of, what is in demand? What do people want? How can I market my business and make it sucessful!!! Ahhhh, the stress of it all!

I've done a few home party companies in my past. Avon, Discovery Toys - none proved in demand or had any real 'growth' opportunities to me. Let's face it, even working from home we still want to be successful and have some type of growth to motivate ourselves, right?!

My very dear friend opened my eyes to Partylite. I'd been to several Partylite shows in the past (like 10 years ago!), long, boring, yadda yadda yadda...but things have changed! I went to a show a couple years ago, my girlfriend was hosting it AND she was selling it! What! She has really good job, benefits, pension etc, why on earth is she selling Partylite? I wondered if I could sell it, is there possibility for income? How good is this product? A little research...and time will tell me if she makes this a sucess for herself then I know I can!

So here I am, a year and a half into selling Partylite. It's nothing like what I remembered it was. A quick 15 min demo, some information and well ladies, let's shop!

Tuesday is my favourite day each week, it's payday! That's right, I get paid once a week direct to my account. I don't have to pay for credit card transaction fees, I don't have to pay for shipping on items that need to be exchanged or returned. I have TONS of room for growth, endless really! Oh! AND, I get to travel, have monthly training and recognition...but best of all, if I work extra hard each month I get a 7% bonus on my entire month's salary! What employer does THAT for you? By extra hard I mean work about 30 hours...in a month...

Not only that, the product quality is amazing, and I hardly ever have to tell people about it, it's so well known! Plus the company has all the marketing materials, training, brochures, product catalogues, order forms, and the list goes on. All I had to do was go out and have fun! Fabulous!

In today's 'day', people are always trying to find time for friends, family, parties, social activities. So much so, that we don't make enough time. You can't tell me you didn't wish you had more time to spend with the people around you. Or that you wish you had a chance to get to know someone more, but only see them in passing at your kids school or whatever! Home parties allow this to happen, it's like a new TREND!

If you DO want to know more about Partylite, ask me. I'd love to share this opportunity with you, and help you achieve some of your goals!

1 comment:

  1. isnt it great taking control of your life, and owning your own business! i love staying home with my kids too, having a FUN career, and making great money!! :)
    *high five*

    ReplyDelete